A couple of days ago, whilst researching something else, I found this article in the online 'Daily Telegraph' newspaper (UK).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/seven-things-you-never-knew-you-could-do-with-peanut-butter/

Scroll down to item 7 or here is the cut and paste----or should that be spread?

7. Clean your house

If you're trying to use fewer chemical cleaning agents, peanut butter is surpisingly versatile. Fans swear by it for cleaning leather - simply rub the butter in, leave for a few minutes, then rub away with a buffing cloth - cars, and even for removing scratches from wood.

Interesting I thought!

So I have posted this to see if any leather-workers in the home of peanut butter and jelly sarnies have any comment ?

I did a google, and the list of things you can do with peanut butter, is quite amazing (we may be moving into 'adult section' territory here).

Someone pointed out that it's probibly the veg oil that's doing these wonderous things, not the peanut bit.

Apparently, it will also attracts Deer. I did ask the hubby if he would take part in an experiment, and smeared some peanut butter on him.

It's been an hour now, and no Deer have appeard in our street. Maybe I'm using the wrong brand.

I'd almost be tempted to throw that leather gizmo away before I'd waste good peanut butter trying to clean it up, . . .

That's pretty darn close to culinary blasphemy.

May God bless,

Dwight

I agree Dwight. Peanut Butter is the Holy Grail of sandwiches.