Constabulary

Singer 29K72 Patcher (Large Bobbin) Ebay Uk

Good price for a large bobbin patcher, I´d say

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Singer-29K72-boot-leather-sewing-machine-/191796816645?hash=item2ca7fb2b05:g:l~gAAOSwGotWr9dv

Needs some TLC but I´m sure it will turn out nice. Hope a UK based LW member will grab it ;)

Edited by Constabulary

It's amazing how "photogenic" old Singers are. I've taken pictures in progress of the old black Singer I happen to be working on and the sleek beauty in the picture looks like a prom queen compared to the cosmetically challenged machine on the bench.

I wish pictures of me worked that way o.O

I have a question for Constabulary. I have followed your advice on why my 29k71 was not feeding material and you were correct. I had the stitch regulator and gib reversed. She is sewing like a champ now but I am now having to push the footbar revolving joint down by hand to make the feeding foot fall into position to sew. I also cleaned the entire head assembly as you suggested. As far as I can tell nothing was bent during the cleaning process. I guess my question is how much is to much pressure to apply to feeding foot by way of the vibrating pressure spring adjusting nut to get it to fall down on it own after releasing the slide rod lifter. I would love to send pictures but that is way past my ability right now. All my children are always to busy to help poor ol' Dad.

hard to tell from the distance (as often) and the amount of pressure is also hard to explain since there is no dial with digits. Oil sometimes helps ;) or maybe the flanks of the bell crank lever are rubbing too hard against the presser boot bar. Or maybe the thumb screw for the foot pressure is rubbing against the nut next to it (don´t have the parts name on mind right now)...

I have a question for Constabulary. I have followed your advice on why my 29k71 was not feeding material and you were correct. I had the stitch regulator and gib reversed. She is sewing like a champ now but I am now having to push the footbar revolving joint down by hand to make the feeding foot fall into position to sew. I also cleaned the entire head assembly as you suggested. As far as I can tell nothing was bent during the cleaning process. I guess my question is how much is to much pressure to apply to feeding foot by way of the vibrating pressure spring adjusting nut to get it to fall down on it own after releasing the slide rod lifter. I would love to send pictures but that is way past my ability right now. All my children are always to busy to help poor ol' Dad.

Hi,

my Singer 29K1 presses down with an equivalent of 13 Kilograms (26 pounds). My Pfaff 130 presses down with 4 Kilograms/8 pounds, my Pfaff 30 with 1 Kilogram/2 pounds. My other householdsewing machines also fall into the 1-4kg range. So maybe the Singers's 13 Kilogram can give you some guidance.

Greets

Ralf C.

Gentlemen I thank you very much for you response. I am very happy that my 29 is sewing so well with no skipped stiches; maybe I want to much from the old girl and should be satisfied with its performance after reading about the difficulties some of or friends here at Leather Workers are experiencing. I value your advise and look forward to your help in the future. Sew on my friends..Jim