stormtroopersse

Singer 211 A566A Help Plz

brought a singer 211 A566A after alot of hassle and visits from the sewing machine mechanic finally got it up and running.

problem is now to keep it running the thread has to be on max tension and if i loosen it just a little bit it dosen,t stitch and gets jammed up.the mechanic said this is normal.it will stitch leather 3.5mm fine but the stitch is so tight due to the tension.

if i put any thinner leather in it jams up due to the tightness of the thread.if i release the tension to compensate it dosen,t stitch and jams up.changing needles or thread same result.

can someone plz help i paid alot for this machine £700 u/k pounds.

ty.

Even a mechanic can´t help you? I guess you are talking about top tension, right? You could probably install a heavier top tension spring. Or have you ever lowered the bottom tension? What thread size and what needle size are you using?

Have you bought it from a dealer?

Edited by Constabulary

I'd find a new mechanic.

Regards, Eric

top tension yes.thread is 40,s (usa 69) needle size 20 was brought from a dealer it was there mechanic who came out and sorted it.

he did adjust the bobbin tension as well.

Hard to tell from the distance. I´d try to lower the bobbin tension even when a mechanic has adjusted it. Make 1/4 turns on the tension screw and check again. I don´t place my self above a mechanic but "adjusted by a mechanic" really means nothing since you never know how qualified a mechanic is. Thread tension adjustment is something you should be able to fix by your self because you have to deal with it more that one time in your life. When you are changing the thread size you most likely have to play with tension again. I don´t know what kind of tension spring you have in your tension assembly but College Sewing in the UK is offering heavier top tension springs for JUKI and they will most likely fir your 211 machine as well.

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/B3114-232-000-BEEHIVE-SPRING-HEAVY-JUKI

BTW - do you have a manual for your machine? If not get one - it often helps you with a lot of basic adjustments,

Edited by Constabulary

hiya.

this is my problem i can,t adjust the tension cause if i do it won,t stitch.it jams up.

the only way it will work is if the machine has max tension on the thread.

if i loosen the tension slightly the shuttle dosen,t pick up the thread to make the stitch.

If you can´t lower the bobbin tension you have to increase the top tension - as I said try a heavier spring in your tension assembly. Or maybe something is wrong with your bobbin tension spring (maybe worn). I´d remove the bobbin case and check what going on there. Check the manual it usually tells you what to do when either tension is wrong.

I hope you are you worried about turning some screws on your machine. Calling a mechanic for tiny adjustments makes no sense.

Maybe you can post pictures or youtube video or the like. Pictures often tell more than 1000 words.

You shouldn't have to put up with a machine that doesn't work right and needs a so-called mechanic to tell you that's what it's supposed to do. As you said yourself, it doesn't work right and you paid a lot for it. Make a fuss and make them fix it. It's fine to learn how to adjust your tensions as you learn your machine, but you've paid for something that isn't working correctly. It really bothers me when a dealer sells a machine and it doesn't work right from the start.

Regards, Eric

Agree - If you have bought the machine from a dealer I would kick his ass. Anyway better learn how the things work - it will save you $$$ and time.