So I have this part of a cover that I'm working on and tried to dye it with saddle tan but ended up with bad streaking as show. In the pictures. Is there anything I can do to remedy this or am I at a point of needing to start over? Thanks in advance.

post-60290-0-32851800-1458270789_thumb.j

Edited by 4t Diamond

Did you do your initial application in straight lines or swirls? As far as now, it is probably salvageable. I would lightly wet it and then apply more stain. I'd be tempted to do it in circular fashion. Not saying it is the right way, but I typically moisten the surface with water and apply the stain in a circular motion. I take care to not let any area sit too long, working fast until it is all dyed. I then apply stain in a linear fashion, making sure to spread it evenly. I seldom have any lines or obvious swirls when I do it this way. I use Fiebing's oil dye exclusively because I find it readily available. Good luck! And nice carving, BTW.

First off, I probably would have dip dyed that. A lot faster and less prone to trouble.

You should have used a piece of shearling and worked very, very fast with circular motions. Sloppy and fast, then wipe with a soft towel (not a good one, your wife will get mad at you). To salvage it, go darker.

Bet it is 50/50.