Hello and an Introduction

My name is Heather Pendragon and I live in Vancouver, BC.  I am a brand new "baby" leather worker.  My story is my vinyl purse (like a brown paper grocery bag) finally gave up the ghost and I could't find a suitable replacement.  I had purchased it at Value Village to start with and the lining finally tore and I couldn't find anything similar anywhere so I decided to make one myself.  I figured if I was going to go to the time and effort I wanted a leather one and so my story begins.  Since making this black purse from repurposed buttery soft leather with a truly funky Disney Villainess lining and matching red clutch wallet I have had a zillion compliments and six order requests!  My husband has purchased me my very own gorgeous Pfaff 145 who now has been christened "Rosie" and completely renovated what was a floor to ceiling packed "store/junk" room into my new sewing space...and I haven't even figured out how to thread her yet!  Did I mention I have the most AWESOME hubby EVER?  So...I just wanted to say "HI" and join a group who truly know what they're doing because I most certainly don't.  I know I'm going to have a TON of questions...like where is the best place to purchase Pfaff leather needles?  What size do I need?  I will be sewing only light 4oz upholstery grade leather mostly.  How do I learn this machine.  Right now it's been fully rebuilt and has a 1/2 hp motor with a small pulley on it.  Like I said, I haven't even learned how to thread her yet!

Any/all advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Hello and welcome Heather, what a great last name - King Arthur Pendragon. Looks like there could be a Vancouver leather guild be formed with all the lower mainlanders on here. I'm sorry I can't answer your needle question but we have a forum on here explicit for sewing machines. Post your questions there and I'm sure someone will help you.

Thank you Thor...as a Royal descendant I shall make sure you are remembered... ;)