grommit

Help from the UK, sowing machine

Hello all,

i am confused there is so many to choose from.

I only need to sow 1-4mm leather.

slow action needed.

im partially disabled, so mostly one handed operation, if possible.

only button in the UK.

is this link good to buy for my needs? http://www.singerdirect.co.uk/products/singer-4423?variant=6658607620&gclid=CjwKEAjw0KK4BRDCiKHD5Ny8pHESJACLE620xF6vOSkZSK3aijj8-ZhxfWo6leD9I5NVELrOWDRovxoCjlXw_wcB

I hope I making this thread to understand? Due to difficultys with getting what what to exactly say!

i appreciate any help.

ATB

Brian 

That Singer sight only sells domestic items, be aware that Singer is only a brand these days the Singer company has been gone for many years, if I were you 

I would look at the Cowboy sewing machines they are set specifically for leather use. 

Grommit;

The machine you linked to will not sew much more than 2.5 mm of leather without difficulty. It is what's known as a domestic sewing machine. The reason is that it is built to sew cloth, using soft, thin cotton or polyester garment thread. The feed is bottom only, meaning that the layers will go out of alignment as you sew (unless they are glued or taped together first). The foot pressure spring will probably not hold down veg-tan leather that is 4mm thick.

Have you read my topic about the type of sewing machine you need to sew leather? It is a sticky article among the others at the top of this forum's landing page. It will clear up any confusion you may have about the types of feed needed to properly move and hold down leather as you sew it.

PS: If you happen to have or obtain a domestic sewing machine and need to sew garment or chap chrome tanned leather, buy either a roller equipped or Teflon, presser foot. These will help the top layer move with less drag.

Thank you so much guys for replies.

im slowly looking on Cowboy at the moment.

A long way to go before I settle on the best machine for my needs.

atb 

Brian