Thor

Restoration of my old saddle

I attached a PDF with all the pics and what I've done. Please give me your honest opinion as I want to become a professional saddle maker sometime down the road. There's no need to hold back if you feel I screwed up here. I appreciate all comments and can take it.

For all questions, just feel free to ask. Looking forward to your comments.

Western Saddle Restoration.pdf

I'm just learning myself Thor but it looks like you did a pretty good job to me.  The problem will be finding a horse today that a saddle that old will still fit.

Thank you Equiplay. I'm using this saddle for 3 years now on my German Warmblood. True those old saddles are not made for the average QH or Paint etc. Guess back then most ranchers were still using some Arabian crosses or Thoroughbreds etc. My old boy is 23 now and will be retired sooner or later and since I'm planing to build 2 saddles during fall this year this saddle will be retired earlier than the horse and decorate either the house or the shop or I'll just put it up for display at some place.