schwebel

How to setup a Cobra Class 4 for holster sewing?

6 hours ago, JLSleather said:

That edge guide really is a nice addition.  People make videos these days more for attention than to actually make a valid point, but that would be other "not-Jeff" people.  If the thing wasn't a 'plus' for me, there wouldn't be a video ;)  That roller thingy that came with the machine isn't entirely useless, but the drop-down model is much more convenient (and less money, if i remember right).

I don't mind "clearing up" what I can and where i can, though it does seem quite petty that for two and a half THOUSAND dollars you get to hope that the machine is set up correctly and for information ask questions on a forum from someone OTHER THAN the place you got the machine.  I bought a $10 digital stop watch recently, and EVEN THAT came with SOME kind of manual...

Yes, and thank you for making the video with that purpose. It works, its functional, minimal gap under the roller, it goes away when you don't need it, comes right back, boom! I want! Simple as that, And I have definitely gotten about 90% of my C4 questions answered here and on YouTube, so thanks again!

I am ordering the needles as well, hopefully they will send the right ones.

Edited by veritasleather

One more "tip" about the set-up..... when using a 25 needle, I would consider 6 per inch the MAX to stitch with, and probably aim at a bit longer stitch than that... 5 or 5 1/2 per inch.  Too many holes too close together is called a "tear" ;)

1 minute ago, JLSleather said:

One more "tip" about the set-up..... when using a 25 needle, I would consider 6 per inch the MAX to stitch with, and probably aim at a bit longer stitch than that... 5 or 5 1/2 per inch.  Too many holes too close together is called a "tear" ;)

Yes, definitely, I believe I am at about 5 per inch. I like the look so far. My "LL" needles are ordered, I am checking to see if they have the "LR" available as well. I didn't find any in the Cutex store. Lets see what they say....