Boriqua

Just might be time to hike the prices a little

So I sent the pix off to the gentleman who commissioned a western style belt ...

He calls me yesterday evening and does everything in the world to convince me to let him pay more. He insisted I didn’t charge him enough and he would feel better if I would accept more money. this went on for 30 minutes. When i said that throughout my life I have prided myself on being a man of my word and what I quoted is all I will accept and if I made an error in pricing its on me and then he offered me stuff. " I have this great knife ..."

I do this still as a hobby and for a little supplemental income but it sure felt good to have a repeat customer insist they owe me more money. I even had someone contact me from ebay and ask why I was selling my holsters so cheap. It was $60.00. I have to say ... even though I have been at this a while finding this site a couple of years ago has really upped my game. I cant even stand to look at my stuff from 5 years ago anymore. Well I thought I would share a success story with my fellow leather workers. I wont get rich but accolades are always welcome!!

Edited by Boriqua

sounds like you need to raise your prices, you'll know when it has gone to high but it will only last for a little while.  Heck everything is going up cept maybe oil so go for it, you can always lower just a bit till you find the equilibrium point. 

Yeah, it's good to stick to the price you agreed to.  Tell him if it makes him feel better, you'll gouge him extra good on the next one ;)

Thank him for his offer, but stick to your price.  Ask instead if he'll refer some additional clients, with the caveat that he mentions quality, not the deal on pricing that he got.  I had that happen with a doctor, and the result was several more doctors playing a little 'one-up' game with each other and my leather.  That was such a wonderful time.....

I wouldn’t even consider it. I charged him what I had quoted. In the end Ya just gotta do the right thing. Good energy out hopefully means good energy in. I charged $125 for the belt. Material was about $55.00. It was a little labour intensive but only because I hand stitch. I'm just thrilled he thought so much of it!!