I'm new to working with leather and would like to buy some supplies to make a few holsters and belts. Are any of the supply companies having any sales for Memorial Day / weekend? 

Thank you. 

The tandy deluxe kit will get you started. That and a single shoulder or a belly or two will get you going. I wouldn't invest more than that, a lot of browsing here, and YouTube. That will get you going. If you get bit by the bug, go slow in purchasing more expensive tools/items.

If you don't live near a tandy store, you can order it online. You may want to check out Springfield Leather first. They are really nice, have a lot of free how to videos on their site, and are sponsors here. 

Good luck, and enjoy.

I checked out Springfield Leather for ya. For sheaths and holsters they have a basic construction tool set. It's 199.00. This is more expensive that the tandy deluxe kit, but it gives you more tools for sheath making and less fluff. They even mention changing up the tools for your preferences. Such as, for holsters and sheaths I don't think you really need a strap cutter. That could save you a bit of money. This set doesn't have any tooling stamps, which you don't need unless you want to do tooling carving.

P.s. they have several kits to choose from.

Edited by bikermutt07