Hilltop

Singer 42-5 stitch length

I have that big double set of feed dogs -- it's like two parallel sets of long feed dogs (part no. 5840 in the book) -- for mine. However, I'm lacking a correct needle plate that you need to go with it. The corresponding needle plate would be part no. 5881.

Is that set-up designed to produce fewer stitches per inch or a better feeding of goods, or both?

Nix

On 6/3/2016 at 11:51 AM, Uwe said:

"I have a Singer 42-5 that's patiently awaiting its turn for some tender loving care. Parts are hit and miss. Needle bar and presser spring were readily available and cheap..."

Hi Uwe,

I have a 42-5 - I would be grateful if you could remember where you obtained your new needle bar for yours please - mine appears to be bent. Many thanks,

Sam,

Adelaide, Australia.

Sam, this post is over 4 years old, I think you would be better to start a new post, rather then try to use something this old.

Bert.

PS.

Did you get your manuals?

On 5/3/2020 at 2:44 AM, Savvas said:

The 42-5 needle bar is the same as a 16-188,41 & etc machine part #4264,there should be some on Ebay.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:24 AM, CowboyBob said:

The 42-5 needle bar is the same as a 16-188,41 & etc machine part #4264,there should be some on Ebay.

Thanks Cowboy - the part number is much appreciated! Sam