I've got a techsew 5100 that is eating my lunch....I know the timing is off. I have gone through all the timing procedures. I have been dealing with machines for around 8 years now and so I've already gone through all the newbie mistakes. I get the shuttle lined up at zero stitch. The Allen screw is tight. Sewing thinner leather does ok but no matter what thickness, after a period of 15-30 stitches the top thread gets frayed, then it begins skipping stitches. I have changed needles, smoothed off burrs on shuttle hook, and done just about all I can think of....is there any issue that could be up inside the drive arm,etc? For whatever reason when it begins to have problems, the shuttle timing is off, but with everything I know of being tight, am I missing something? Any advice or criticism will be greatly appreciated. I also have a cobra class 4 and have been trying to see where the difference/problem can be and pfffft...Thanks in advance and hopefully somebody else has been down this road.

Maybe someone in the Facebook group called 'Tips and Tricks with Cobra Class....' can help you. Cobras are similar enough that their posted experiences could have an answer for you.

On 6/11/2016 at 3:12 PM, christiancowboycobbler said:

I've got a techsew 5100 that is eating my lunch....I know the timing is off. I have gone through all the timing procedures. I have been dealing with machines for around 8 years now and so I've already gone through all the newbie mistakes. I get the shuttle lined up at zero stitch. The Allen screw is tight. Sewing thinner leather does ok but no matter what thickness, after a period of 15-30 stitches the top thread gets frayed, then it begins skipping stitches. I have changed needles, smoothed off burrs on shuttle hook, and done just about all I can think of....is there any issue that could be up inside the drive arm,etc? For whatever reason when it begins to have problems, the shuttle timing is off, but with everything I know of being tight, am I missing something? Any advice or criticism will be greatly appreciated. I also have a cobra class 4 and have been trying to see where the difference/problem can be and pfffft...Thanks in advance and hopefully somebody else has been down this road.

Hi there, do you want to give us a call so we can help you get your machine back up and running?

Ron

Talk to Ron!!!!

Could be as simple as shitty thread!

Turns out it there were a couple of screws that had come loose on the needle shaft and that was allowing it to move just slightly when it was in motion. Thanks for the insight and effort in trying to get me going the right direction.