Newbie here trying to figure out what all I need to get. Do I need one or the other, or both? What are each used for? I have read on Fiebing's website, that deglazer cleans, and the dye prep prepares the leather, but if I am using neatsfoot oil or something first, do I deglaze first, then neetsfoot, then dye prep, then dye? I'm just confused as they have so many products and I'm not sure when/where to use them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

If you are going to dye new veg tan leather

1. Clean with saddle soap, allow to dry

2. Apply a light even coat of neatsfoot oil,  allow to dry/soak up 12-24 hours

3. Apply Fiebings dye. Allow to dry, buff off extra dye.

You could switch the order of 2 and 3. Some folks oil before because it helps the dye penetrate more evenly and helps prevent the alcohol in the dye from hardening the leather ( a very real phenomenon). Some folks oil after. Practice on scrap and see what you like. But whatever you choose - Light coats of oil, and give them a half day or day to soak through for best results.

If you going to dye something like tennis shoes, boots, a couch, etc. The deglazer removes the old finish and allows the dye to penetrate better and more evenly. The cleaner they sell will work the same as saddle soap or any leather cleaner. Cleaning the leather before dyeing will give you better results in my experience. Which is basically true of everything.

So just use saddle soap instead of the deglazer, and the neetsfoot oil works instead of the dye prep?

Yes, that will work just fine.

Fiebings dye-prep is ~90% water, the other 10% is alcohol, soap, ammonia. Meaning, its just soapy water.

Fiebings deglazer is just a solvent and and alcohol - Like I said before, its meant to strip off old finishes on already finished leather like clothing and shoes.

I tried dye prep. on some scrap leather. The only thing that I noticed after dyeing with the prep was, the color was a little darker. I didn't like the way the darker color looked.

On the dye prep. bottle the direction suggest that you dye your leather immediately after you apply the prep, while it is still wet. I called Fiebings and asked, I think his name was Ken, if I should apply the dye while the prep. was still wet? He told me that was correct. I use an air brush to dye my belts, the only problem that I have dyeing while the prep. is still wet is, it is hard to see how dark your color is until it totally dries.