Hello everyone

I will be in Fort Bliss Texas  and I would like to purchase a hide of Rattlesnake for a belt making maybe two if the price is right.

anyone know a reliable place to purchase it in Fort Bliss?

TKs 

not sure about texas..
but SLC have had rattlesnake skins in stock

check it

I know but because im in Canada i need to purchase a license for importing so i figure i my as well take the trip to texas and get it my self, just need the place now 

Geography (or is it Geology?) isn't my strong suit (not much is), but I'm thinking Wyoming isn't near as far as Texas for you.  You might try our snakes instead.  They're equally hidey, half as far away, and equally delicious.  And oh so rattly.

We just shoot them here in Wyoming, skin'em, and then scrape the hide and soak it in glycerin or oils for a day.  You're welcome to come do the same to the nasty critters.  Since you're Canadian, you may need to use a slingshot instead of a gun.  Not sure how that's going to pan out.  And be arned:  fresh killed rattle snake stinks to beat all get out.  Phew!  I'm not sure that smell ever washes off the hands.

Thank you 

I will be in Texas for work but will take a few days to visit for sure ( God bless Texas). The hide is to make a belt, I'm not to much into hunting those...lol willing to buy ready to " craft"

tks

Try this link and contact the Sweetwater Jaycees and see if they can provide the name of someone who might be able to provide some skins for you.  They have a great number of vendors associated with the Rattlesnake Roundup who buy and sell skins and may be able to give you the name of someone from the El Paso area.

http://www.rattlesnakeroundup.net/

Hope this helps some.

rick

tks

i just email them, let hope i can at least purchase one or two....