PigeonTreeCrafting

Backstitch length adjustment with Consew 205rb-1

Hello! I have been reading this forum for a while, but signed up so that I could ask for help with my new machine.

I purchased a Consew 205RB-1 and it seems to be a great machine so far. I set up a speed reducer and am able to control the stitching well, but I noticed that the backstitch was always sloppy, leaving loops underneath every time. After much reading, I came to discover that the issue is coming from the backstitch being longer than the forward stitch.

I took my machine to a local sewing machine shop and they ended up calling me back to say "it's not possible to adjust", and "it's not the right machine for your needs".

This isn't the first time this local shop has made me feel like I know more than them (which is saying a LOT since this is my first sewing machine). After a bit more digging, I found that in the manual there is a section specifically for "Stitch length error adjustment", but I can't for the life of me figure out where this adjustment is. I'm attaching a screenshot from the manual. If anyone has any experience with this machine and can lend me some assistance, I would be so thankful!! This has been causing me a pretty big headache.

Thank you!!

Isaac

stitch length error.jpg

Edited by PigeonTreeCrafting

It's behind the back cover.