kilted13

Craftool press commpatible dies

I bought a Craftool hand press from Tandy when they had it as a Black Friday special ($80!) but seeing how much they want for dies, I'm wondering if someone else makes compatible dies for less? Or should I try to sell the Craftool press and get a Margo Minkus or Goldstar press?

I know Black River Laser sells a hole punch adapter, along with a centering jig, but I'm looking for snap, eyelet and rivet dies that aren't  $100 and up.

I have the both, tandy press with the BRL adapter/die for ( not the centering jig) punching holes and the Goldstar for rivets and snaps. Goldstar does not sell the die for punching holes in leather they didnt when I got mine 2 yrs ago.  

Edited by paprhangr

Can I use Goldstar (or any other brand) dies in my Tandy press?

The goldstar tandy dies are not compatible,  the gold star press upper die is threaded. A set screw holds the tandy press upper die. The goldstar dies cost less and does a good job with rivets,snaps

Foot press dies might work.Beilers or Weaver. Just make sure shank size is correct.3/8 or 7/16 is standard .Foot press adapters might be to long.Black River Laser makes adapters for Tandy presses.