G'Day,

I was recently given a pair of old work  boots  to repair (?) , made by  a popular Australian brand . They were found dumped on the side of the road , and for good reason.However, the new owner asked me if  I could repair them.Now, just a heads up, the owner isn't short of a few bob either . 

In a pigs ear. I took one look at them and :jawdropper:    

He doesn't want me to spend more than $50 on them....fair dinkum . You can buy a new pair for less I'm sure. The soles are melted, and gravel has stuck to the remaining melted rubber. 

One idea I had in mind was  remove and grind off the gravel etc until there is some sort of 'smooth' surface to attach a new sole with adhesive, either a new sole, or just a piece of rubber cut in the shape of the sole. 

I'm not a boot maker or repairer,but I get all the 'odd jobs'  when you're the only leather worker this side of woop woop ,  but  I'm open to suggestions , apart from the rubbish bin. 

Thanks

HS

Leather Pics July 2016 005.jpg

Leather Pics July 2016 008.jpg

Not that this is of any importance, but I convinced the client to go buy a new pair of boots  today .... ha !! 

And these can go right where they belong.... and where they should have stayed.....in the rubbish bin. :yeah: