Sign in to follow this  
DJole

Korean design

I'm working on a leather covered box.
This is the front panel (about 6 inches by 4 inches). It's a design taken from wood carvings on Buddhist temples in Korea, and the fierce face is meant to scare evil away. 
I'm still thinking about the other three panels of the box.

GoblinDyed.jpg

Here are the dyes used:
Angelus green
Angelus yellow
Angelus wine-tone+ yellow (to make the orange)
Angelus burgundy (the mouth)
Angelus rose (the tongue)
Fiebing USMC black
white acrylic
The pale green is an attempt to use Fiebing's problematic white to make a pastel green. I put the white on first, and then did another coat with the green. I'm not pleased with the results, so I won't try that again. The white seemed very gritty or gummy, and not liquid like the other dyes are. 

Edited by DJole
added dye info

White dye is worse than useless.   There are a couple of threads o n here about it.

Bill

3 hours ago, billybopp said:

White dye is worse than useless.   There are a couple of threads o n here about it.

Bill

Amen to that. It's not the fact that it doesn't actually make anything white which bugs me (acrylic works perfectly fine for that), but the fact that it leaves a residue behind, which gummed up one of my mixing cups when I tried to make the pastel green in a mixing cup. And I had to spend time cleaning the gumminess off of my dye pipettes too. So, I have no idea what Fiebing actually intended it to do, because it's never done what I needed it to do.