Anybody use the GREX GENESIS XGI3 airbrush on angelus direct? Curious about getting it. Wondering about reviews. 

I have used the Tritium (it has a pistol grip and trigger but is still just an airbrush).  Good solid airbrush, will shoot any water or solvent based paint.  It shoots dye fine, but you might want to cut it back pretty far for better color control.

That being said, darned near any airbrush will do a pretty good job with dyes, just make sure it has teflon seals, the rubber ones get gooey and stop working quickly with alcohol based dyes (spirit dyes).  I have an expensive (by anyone's standard) IWATA, but I mostly use a bunch of VEDA airbrushes that I bought direct from pecoglobal.com about 4 years ago.  No problems with the VEDAs at all.  They are also available on eBay now, not the case when I bought mine.

Art

On 9/4/2016 at 11:32 PM, Art said:

I have used the Tritium (it has a pistol grip and trigger but is still just an airbrush).  Good solid airbrush, will shoot any water or solvent based paint.  It shoots dye fine, but you might want to cut it back pretty far for better color control.

That being said, darned near any airbrush will do a pretty good job with dyes, just make sure it has teflon seals, the rubber ones get gooey and stop working quickly with alcohol based dyes (spirit dyes).  I have an expensive (by anyone's standard) IWATA, but I mostly use a bunch of VEDA airbrushes that I bought direct from pecoglobal.com about 4 years ago.  No problems with the VEDAs at all.  They are also available on eBay now, not the case when I bought mine.

Art

Hi Art,

I do consider to buy Iwata.

What's in your kit and general recommendations?

I bought some of the Iwata myself after reading some reviews on them here on this board, they are a great little air brush gun.  I bought them after trying to work with the harbor freight airbrush guns, they are a step above HF stuff.

On 10/10/2016 at 5:25 PM, nrk said:

Hi Art,

I do consider to buy Iwata.

What's in your kit and general recommendations?

The Iwata I have is a good airbrush, but a bit of overkill for spraying dyes.  I use it more for Liquitex Ink.  For spirit dyes I use the Veda airbrushes from http://www.pecoglobal.com I have the 180s because I like gravity feed, but the 182 is good and about the same but is suction (bottom) feed.  If you want to go the trigger route, the 116 is ok, but I have pretty much stuck with the 180.  It is really amazing that these are rather good at this price point.  Like I said, they are also on eBay and the parts are there too.  Ok, I'm going to say it, my Iwata is collecting dust, but I use the Iwata compressor I have all the time and it powers my power engraving equipment too.  I went through a bunch of compressors (all on warranty thank ghod) before I got the Iwata but this one is probably overkill for my application.

Art