Forester

Best Thread for tippmann boss

Hello All.

I have just bought myself a tippmann boss leather sewing machine for making belts, knife sheaths and holsters. I have been reading some of the threads about black threads not working very well with the machine, why is this and where is the best place for buying a good black thread that works. Also I want a thick thread that looks good, what are the best thread and needle combination. Machine yet to arrive but looking forward to working with it. Also any advice to a new tippmann boss user would be appreciated.

Regards Forester.

As with any machine quality of thread is everything.

High quality bonded polyester is my preference followed by high tenacity polyester and bonded nylon.

Cowboy Bob and others have good quality threads

Hi Darren.

I notice you live in Australia, do you get your thread from America, if that is where cowboy bob is based. Will check out his site.

Regards Glen

Hi Forester, have a look at Abbey England site, they seem to have a good range of threads for leather. Alternatively ring them and have a talk, ive been in there twice now and really friendly people to talk to and ask questions.

I bought some thread here, . . . some there, . . . some other places.  Results also were "here and there".

The thread I buy from Tandy, . . . have never had any problems with it at all.

Thus, . . . my thread comes from Tandy.

All my sewing is either my Tippmann or hand sewing, . . . and I use the same thread for both.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Thanks for the feedback Dwight, will stick with Tandy not had a problem with them so far.

Regards Forester