zuludog

Which Japanese Beveller?

I have a Tandy edge beveller, but I would like something better so I have been looking at Goods Japan. I'm interested in three makes - Craft Sha deluxe; Kyoshin Elle deluxe; and Seiwa deluxe.

They are all $30-99 and include a sharpening kit. Is there anything to choose between them?

They also have 'standard' Craft Sha & Seiwa models at around $19. Is there any difference between the actual bevellers and the deluxe models, or are you just paying $11 for a bit of wet & dry paper?

I know there are some good American tools, but the problem is that by the time you've added shipping costs to UK they become quite expensive. Goods Japan prices include international airmail

Have you looked at Abbey England edge shaves there they are cheap but not nasty. Also they carry Osbourne tools.

Here is a link    http://abbeyengland.com/Store/List/0/CategoryID/442/Level/a 

This is a dealer for Osbourne tools UK.   https://handtools-uk.com/c361-edge-tools

If you can't get price for Abbey edge shaves ring them ask if you get a account 

really good to deal with then you can sign in and see prices on all products. 

Hope this helps    jcuk  

Thanks for the links. I know of Abbey, and other suppliers, but I'd temporarily forgotten them as I have been dealing mostly with The Identity Store. I'll have a look through these websites.

I can't believe I am actually going to say this but.. the new Tandy Pro Edgers are pretty decent, they actually work quite well. Don't know what the prices are in the UK but here in the US they are $33 for gold level and I think $39 retail. They are worth a look and try at the store.