LostDove87

Can someone please tell me about my machine?

Can someone please tell me about my machine?

I bought it second hand in mint condition, I wrapped the table with fabric and vinyl to preserve it. Hope this is OK and not affecting function somehow? 

I am unfamiliar with industrials. I looked online but can't find much information on it. It is a CHANDSEW by Chandler Model # CB764C

Any information is greatly greatly appreciated.

My main concern is oiling. I have not used it because of that. How would I go about oiling it? There is a pan, is this machine self oiling, or just to prevent debris? 

20160923_182347.jpg

20160923_183624.jpg

20160923_182532.jpg

20160923_182503.jpg

Many machines at different places have paint around lubrication holes, these are the first operator places to put about 4 drops of "sew" machine oil into.

Some have these painted different colors yours looks to have black paint, I would use these first and search around for a operators manual. When looking for more specifics the manual will list other places to lube like inside the end cover at the needle end, this needs removed if it has sat for awhile, and some general drops of oil on linkage areas.

While you have it tilted you could use a general oil drop or better at the shaft locations visible, and nothing wrong with a light coating on them if dry. The lower pans on these industrial machines are just that, and to catch oil drops from good lubrication daily when used that way. Also some of these pans have a container of sorts to catch the fluid, in your one of your photos it looks to have something in the pan this may be for a container type jar that screws on the bottom.

As you may know the bobbin is just pulled out from reaching under and using the area at left pan cutout, a couple drops in the hook area when you remove the bobbin cap at this time would be good and during the day if used daily following the manual. Some on here will surely find a place to get one this weekend.

It looks as though things were kept pretty tidy, so oil it well, and go ahead and take some covers off that's perfectly fine and gives you a great idea of the workings, they are made for you and its your machine now so have a good look and enjoy.

good day

Floyd

Thank you so much Floyd, for your knowledgeable input. That makes sense. I will reference this frequently as I learn about industrials. 

Any concerns of over oiling? ... Got kind of carried away and oiled what looked like bearing and basically any part that squeaked.

It's so much quiet now.

I checked  out the circular metal bit, it seems to activate the knee lift. 

Edited by LostDove87

What you have looks to be a Juki clone, which exact model Juki it is based upon I cant say ATM ( just on my way out , will look in later ) it is a textile stitcher, no walking foot or needle feed fro leather, and is a manual oiler , that is the drip pan not an oil bath, and as you have found out the round thing actuates the knee lift..doesn't look like it will "zig-zag"..( no stitch width adjuster ) straight "lockstitch" machine..Take a pic of the underneath of the table so we can see what kind of motor it has ( probably clutch ) ..On these the stitch tensioning is easy :) take a pic of the bobbin area ( with the slide back ) too, every little helps to identify which Juki they based it on and so which manuals would be the ones to look for..

a lot of "rebadged stuff " bearing the chandler name plate
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/chandler-sewing-machine
The maximum stitch length available, the hook and bobbin type, will help to find what precise model of Juki that yours is a "rebadge" of..
could be based on a Juki DDL 550 series or something similar..light to medium weight textile sewing machine..

BTW..re "overoiling" just leave a few folded over sheets of kitchen paper towel under the needle and feet and some newspaper folded over ( so that the gears etc don't catch on it ) in the drip tray..this will absorb any "overoiling" that you may have done, a little too much oil on bearings and gears is always better than not quite enough oil..

Edited by mikesc