Boriqua

Simple 1911 Double Mag pouch

Billy Hell asked about a double mag pouch pattern in another thread so I figured I would post it here for anyone interested and not crap in Jeff's wonderful thread.

This is really easy to make and you can easily convert it to a single.

The back is one piece and I usually go a little heavier leather on the back than the front.

Dye the back piece

Line up the lines and come down about 1/2 inch and sew or rivet the straps to the back.

Sew down center line

Go 1/4 out to each side of center line and sew

Pull in ends and match them up to back. Glue .. if you are careful here it will save you a bunch of sanding later. You can dampen the center of what will become each pouch to make the ends line up easier.

Sew down the two outsides

Now take a sponge and wet only the front piece from the top all the way out to the ends and just around the bottom. its not necessary to wet the strap at the back and you shouldnt wet the back piece at all.

Because you didnt wet the back and the back piece is slightly heavier than the front but gave a fair wetting to the front and bottom when you force your mag in it will form nicely but leave a mostly flat back.

You can do a little extra boning to the front if you like .. I just form with my fingers but I think I would crisp it up some with some boning when I do this one again.

Dye what hasnt been dyed and seal

Here is the file.

http://boriqualeather.com/stuff/Double Mag Pouch.jpg

Double%20Mag%20Pouch.jpg

1911 drop 8sm .jpg

1911 drop 6.jpg

Great! It's on the work list to make!

Found a more recent version... Well my freaking cat decided to play in my enormous pile of patterns so I guess she found it!! anyway the only change was I curved the cuts where it met the strap and it did look a little cleaner on the finished project and was easier to burnish. See red detail

double mag pouch2.jpg

Sweet :)  Clean, simple, quick, effective... nice.

But I don't see the one like that for the Bersa Thunder .380 the guy asked for yesterday and he really wants it! :rofl:

Boriqua

Sorry to task you again but could you throw some measurements on there so I know I'm printing out the right dimensions? Going to make a mag pouch to go with the this Tome Threepersons holster...

IMG_8065Billy Hell Leather.jpg

IMG_8066Billy Hell Leather.jpg

Here ya go .. I threw some measurements around so you can check it against your print. The File link I posted above Should print full size but I know that can get weird sometimes depending on the program. I can try and scan it to PDF if that works better but with the measurements its easy enough to replicate.

double mag pouch035.jpg

I was pretty excited to get this done. I knew my measurements were slightly off BUT when I got to the last two sides I realized I left myself no way to stitch them on - DOH!

back-bad.jpg

front-bad.jpg

:cheers:  

Sweet... now there's two of us who occasionally make a mistake :blush:

I pulled the short back off and cut another one. Looks great with my Tom Threepersons holster...

IMG_8089Billy Hell.jpg

IMG_8086Billy Hell.jpg

Is the leather strap size that folds and makes the bottom and belt loop relative to the magazine size?

18 hours ago, babbadam said:

Is the leather strap size that folds and makes the bottom and belt loop relative to the magazine size?

Only in that the belt loops need to be inside your mag pouch sew lines. How much inside is up to you. I like chunky straps so I go as wide as I can but you will be attaching the strap to the back piece first then sewing your mag pouch closed on either end and in the middle. To wide on the straps and you wont have a way to do that. They have to be slightly narrower than you proposed stitch lines.

Thank you very much. This is my first one.

20180412_231013.jpg