zuludog

Tandy Price Offers

I've just opened my emails and have one from Tandy. They are offering Gold Club prices to all customers on 4th & 5th November, that's up to 20% off; it applies to personal callers and Internet purchases

Not much notice I know, but I've only just found out

Tandy have (fairly) recently opened one of their few branches in Britain, in Openshaw, East Manchester, so I might just have a day out in Manchester.

Edited by zuludog

I just received the same email, but I am wondering if Tandy is also planning to send the email concerning free Elite membership to military veterans, as was suggested in a different thread in this forum?  Has anybody heard anything new about this?

They have sent me a card twice, for that "Elite Member" special. I've tossed it twice, because the two special days always fall on the off weeks where I don't have the funds.

their specials are usually nothing special.

Apparently not available in Canada. Didn't get it and it is not on their site.

I went to Tandy Leather in Atlanta on Saturday and asked about the veteran discount - they said absolutely and signed me up immediately as a business level member.  Just showed them my DD214.

They had some really nice upholstery leather for $65 - looks to be @4-5 oz and @20 sq ft.  I'm making a tote bag out of it, hope it turns out ok!

They had a big poster at the 2 entrance doors at the Nashville Store about the military discount.  If you start going in on a regular basis you might find that if there are some items not sold during the sale they will still honor the sale price.

On November 3, 2016 at 7:45 AM, CaptQuirk said:

They have sent me a card twice, for that "Elite Member" special. I've tossed it twice, because the two special days always fall on the off weeks where I don't have the funds.

Oldnslow makes a good point.  Ask.  Ask to see the manager, explain your situation and see if they will honor the discount.  I had success with this locally.  The local Tandy manager is super to work with.  Once there was a stitching iron I really wanted but there was a big disparity between the gold and wholesale price.  I mentioned it to the manager and he offered to sell it at wholesale.  It is a win-win.  But you don't get it unless you ask.  Now they can't do it on every transaction, but offered sparingly it increases customer loyalty.

The closest Tandy is almost 3 hours away, and as much as I can work a deal, not as likely to happen over the phone. There were a whole slew of sales around November, but the best one was "in store only". Of course, I got that flyer just after I got back from the store in Atlanta. I don't do Atlanta if I can possibly avoid it.

I would like t add, the one store I order from, suggested I apply for a business account. I just need to go legitimate and file for a tax number. Downside is, that is a lot of paperwork and headaches for somebody making a couple holsters a month.

You are right about the paperwork.  I used to do all of my own paperwork when filing sales tax reports to the state of Georgia, but since they kept penalizing me for incorrectly filling out forms, I finally decided to have my accountant do it all for me.  They don't make it easy for a small business.  

One thing to keep in mind - if you don't generate much in sales, you are likely only going to have to file sales tax once a year.  Of course you will have to do it monthly or quarterly for a while before they decide to change your filing frequency.  I have another business that only sells wholesale and mostly out of state, and they finally changed me to yearly filing.

Until I hit $500, it is a hobby. That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

1 hour ago, CaptQuirk said:

Until I hit $500, it is a hobby. That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

And that is 500 profit. Every hide you buy to make into gifts and make no money from goes against the profit.....and it is really hard to keep track of the value of the home grown carrots you traded for that wallet......