bking54

Consew 225 Thread Tension

Hey guys I need help locating a Thread tension assembly that is the correct on for my Consew 225

I bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/THREAD-TENSION-BRACKET-COMPLETE-240446-CONSEW-206-225-226-227-SINGER-111-111W-/111942593058?hash=item1a104c6a22:g:eAMAAOSwu4BVmx70 

But.... it doesn't work right and the screw on the tension disc isn't threaded all the way down the shaft like the old one. It doesn't have enough tension to sew my belt leather or even a single layer of 6oz.

Thanks

I think they are all the same for that series of machines, but I could be wrong. Wiz and others can confirm that though.

I had a similar issue a few years back on my Singer 111W155.  There is a pin the behind it that pushed the tension discs apart when the pressor foot is lifted. It was stuck in the out position and that removed all tension.  Something to check.

Try stretching the spring out alittle.We have new tensions in stock if you need one.