Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

A new purse....

Here are some pictures of a purse I made for my aunt. I got written permission from the University of Florida to use their logo. Critiques are always welcome, so please let me know the mistakes.

Enjoy

DSCN0555.JPG

post-3307-1230925513_thumb.jpg

more

DSCN0556.JPG

DSCN0559.JPG

DSCN0560.JPG

post-3307-1230925822_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1230926041_thumb.jpg

post-3307-1230926099_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rawhide

Wow Marlon!!!! It is stunning, just love the elegance it has! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Very beautiful and nice touch with the red border on the strap.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the compliments. The strap edges are actually full strength orange, but the lighting does skew them to red. (Could be the el cheapo camera, too!!!)

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

That's beautiful!

Happy New Years greetings from Round Rock, Tx

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

That's beautiful!

Happy New Years greetings from Round Rock, Tx

Thank you much. Happy new year to you as well.

Beautiful Marlon,

I like the cleaness of it all and the vivid brading colors...Is there 2 tones of red/orange? It looks really cool on the picture:-) This work actually reminds me of someone (PM), I don't know if it's the coloring or the clean surfaces?

Beautiful Marlon,

I like the cleaness of it all and the vivid brading colors...Is there 2 tones of red/orange? It looks really cool on the picture:-) This work actually reminds me of someone (PM), I don't know if it's the coloring or the clean surfaces?

Tina,

The "two tone" is something that almost made me pull all the lacing out and start over. It should be all orange, but the lace strings didn't dye evenly. Something I need to work on I guess, but since this is not a commission item, I figure what the heck.

Nice clean and very professional looking . I'm sure she'll love it.

What steps did you take to dye the lace and what type of dye did you use ??

Nice clean and very professional looking . I'm sure she'll love it.

What steps did you take to dye the lace and what type of dye did you use ??

Thanks Freak.

To dye the lace, I got one of those paint trays with the little circular indents to hole paint/dye, a wool dauber, fiebings spirit dye, a pipette (medicine dropper), and some nitrile gloves.

Cut some lengths of lace. I suggest estimating how many lengths of lace you'll need for the project and dye them all up front. use the dropper to add dye to the wool on the dauber (no need to burn the fuzzies off). Lay the lace on the bench and place the end of lace you're holding in one of the wells of the tray, place the dauber on top and put a little pressure on it against the well (this will take a little feel to get it to stay there). Pull the lace with one long pull through the well and against the dauber, lay it to dry.

As protection I ran the lace through a piece of sheeps wool with Lexol, let dry and coated both sides with resolene using a fresh dauber. This seemed to make the lace a little flexible and the resolene kept the dye from bleeding out.

A damm fine piece of work. Darryl

Here are some pictures of a purse I made for my aunt. I got written permission from the University of Florida to use their logo. Critiques are always welcome, so please let me know the mistakes.

Enjoy

That looks cool! What did you use for dye? The colors are really nice.

Thank you.

I used Fiebing's spirit dye for green and orange, Fiebings oil dye royal blue, and eco-flo white cova color for the teeth and eye.