photoguy13

Dye Cuts of Leather

I have seen machines that will cut patterns for say a wallet or something.  I am just thinking that in order to make a lot of one thing, there has to be a way to cut patterns without having to hand cut every individual item.  Can someone put me in the right direction for a machine like this.

Dave

You are probably looking for something called a clicker. It uses metal dies to cut out the shapes rapidly. Do a search here on the site to see if that is what you are looking for. 

Newer technology to do that is a CNC laser which can cut multiple different shapes at the same time, but leaves a burned edge.

Its called a clicker die or a rule die. Just like cookie cutters but for leather and you use a press to squish it and cut out the pieces. You can get a single die made and use a cheap hardware store arbor press, or you can get enough dies made up and buy a propper clicker press to cut a whole side at a time if you want. There are TONS of threads on clicker stuff and several members on here make the dies.

If you are doing volumes of the same thing, a clicker press and dies for each piece will make it way faster as well as more accurate.   As stated above, there are many companies that make the dies.  Google will show you lots of pictures of clicker presses.  Presses can often be found used.  One note is that the majority of clicker presses require 220 volt 3 phase power.  If you don't have 3 phase power available, a phase converter or inverter will be required.