photoguy13

Leather marking from feet

I am working with a new Techsew 2750 and was wondering if anyone could help me understand how I can eliminate any markings from the presser feet.  I have adjusted/loosened the tension knob and still doesn't seem to eliminate the problem.  Thanks

IMG_1399.JPG

I'm running a Cobra 4 and have that.  I think it's fairly normal to have a least some tracks.  I just remove those tracks with a glass slicker.

Thanks so much

You can always get a second (or third) set of feet and feed dogs and file\sand them down to a bare minimal or amount of grip.  You really don't need all that much traction all the time. 

Hi, I'm Steve Bonnett of Cowboy Leather Machines in Australia, I've been shouted down for this advice in the past but will risk the wrath once again.   There are two ways to reduce the downwards foot pressure, the first is similar to new Cowboy machines that come with an extra lighter foot bar spring and the second is to take out the long foot bar coil spring and take off an end coil.   Whilst this does effectively harshen the spring rate, it actually works as the spring was previously under compression even with the thumb screw at its top most point...... buy taking off a coil or two you can get the thumb screw started without compressing the spring.   You don't need a lot of compression if you have a needle feed or compound feed machine.  This does work, I have done it and advised it many times.

On 18/12/2016 at 9:36 PM, Singermania said:

Hi, I'm Steve Bonnett of Cowboy Leather Machines in Australia, I've been shouted down for this advice in the past but will risk the wrath once again.   There are two ways to reduce the downwards foot pressure, the first is similar to new Cowboy machines that come with an extra lighter foot bar spring and the second is to take out the long foot bar coil spring and take off an end coil.   Whilst this does effectively harshen the spring rate, it actually works as the spring was previously under compression even with the thumb screw at its top most point...... buy taking off a coil or two you can get the thumb screw started without compressing the spring.   You don't need a lot of compression if you have a needle feed or compound feed machine.  This does work, I have done it and advised it many times.

What Steve said!!!