Guest Bex

Looking for LW to make a laptop bag out of elephant hide

Guest Bex

My dad has (legally obtained and lisenced) elephant hide left over from making wallets and boots (there was a lot of hide....) and I'd like a single laptop bag made for an 18" gamer laptop. I need help with design as well because there are things I'd like included - a partition for files/paperwork padded (if possible) section to protect the laptop, and a few pockets to hold stuff like keys, a phone, the computer's power chord, a mouse, pens... i can ship the leather to any location but it would likely be easiest to keep it within the US. 

Contact me at hiwsprs@hotmail.com. I don't need this by a certain date, but I don't want to wait 3 years, either (yes that's happened before). reimbursement is negotiable - I'm very fair. I may even have extra hide if interested for your own projects.

thank you for your consideration.

Guest Bex,

I don't want to blow your bubble...but you may want to rethink using elephant for a laptop bag. Specially if you are going to carry it as a sling bag.

I made my wife a bag a few years ago...ended up selling it as a shotgun shell bag. The leather was a bit harsh on her clothing.

If you make it as a hand carry bag - no problem!

Just my 2c

20151021_143925.jpg

if you are still looking & would like discuss this i work with exotic leathers.

email me nortoncustomleather@gmail.com