whatsup1

Juki 1541 - adjusting the middle foot

I have a new Juki 1541S and I am starting to make leather bags. How do I adjust the middle foot (the one that moves with the needle) to lift higher while sewing. It doesn't lift high enough to go over some of my seams, especially when top stitching. 

If it doesn't have a thread trimmer it can be adjusted by accessing through the removable plate on the back.

The plate above the arm closer to the needle, in there you can see a slotted link and a lever bolted to it.

On the linkage you can see normally 3 markings and represent listed heights in the manual, (normally issued with new machine) or in my purchases used, but intended to be used.

Anyway the lowest setting is at the bottom and so raising through this banana shape slot can help in your mentioned projects. I would just move to the first next position for a start, actually anywhere in the slot is acceptable, again the marks represent tested/spec heights generally.

I have learned that if returning to more flat work that this adjustment could be returned to a low setting for better efficiency.

Sorry, I seriously need better camera pics

good day

Floyd

ps: as you see the tube down through the casting, you can see with moving the pulley wheel, best position for oiling "that" link specific and tips to view in other access panels and etc.

Photo1443 (413x550).jpg

Edited by brmax

Thank you so much.

Thank you again. We got it adjusted.