bushlover

Help designing a folding saw sheath!!!

Hello friends ! !

I'm having a big problem today so I hope and know that some people around here will help me :)

I want to make a sheath for this folding saw....but I'm having problems due to the big buttom on the "snipe" of that saw,I've designed a sheath but that thing against the fold of the sheath seems like it wont work :(:(

I would be greatfull for some help!!

Cheers and Happy Christmas!

20161222_111647.jpg

I think you may need to make a wooden block allowing a straight relief a bit like you would on a holster for the sights I guess.

Might need a better saw though.;)

Regards Brian

Hey buddy!! thank you! and the saq is not mine is for a friend :( idk of I understood what you mean...

What about if the saw fit with the balde against the fold like this...do you guys think it will work?

Thank you!

20161222_114353.jpg

Check the info here

http://beebeknives.com/html/make_a_sheath_tutorial.html

I use this but instead of just placing the knife beside the line, I actually place the edge right on the line then roll the blade over to 1 side, like the suggest when making a gun holster.

Another option, instead of having it all encased like a knife blade, make a cup to hold the bottom and use a strap to hold it in place at the top

11 hours ago, bushlover said:

Hey buddy!! thank you! and the saq is not mine is for a friend :( idk of I understood what you mean...

What about if the saw fit with the balde against the fold like this...do you guys think it will work?

Thank you!

20161222_114353.jpg

Yes that should work but make sure to use a thick welt along the stitch side and or at least block and case so as to allow the saw easy access in and out .

Have fun and a Merry Christmas.

Well done:)