Mattias

Pfaff 593 postbed?

Hi!

I am a beginner in this area  and i have  found a machine cheap (Pfaff 593 postbed) to start with the problem is that i  have got problems with the treading,  cant find a user/service manual , does any body know where to find one? Or where to look?

also there is some markings on the machine that i could not understand (se pictures)

i have plan to start with smaller things like wallets and wristband, how heawy could this machine sew?

is it possible to change to another foot? It got a rollerfoot.

apologise if there are some spelling isues.

best regards Mattias from Sweden

IMG_1585.JPG

Welcome to LeatherWorker.Net Mattias!

I also have a Pfaff 593, but unfortunately I don't have a user manual for it. There is a Pfaff 593 manual available for sale at Manuals.help - it's expensive at 32 Euro. I've not used the manuals.help website before, so I can't say if it's any good.

You may be able to use a manual for a very close relative of the machine, like the free Pfaff 591 User Manual to figure out some things like threading. Just compare your machine to the images in the manual. If it looks the same, chances are it works the same. If it looks just a little different, often you can still work things out.

The Pfaff 593 Parts Manual is readily available online. It will be useful to determine which part numbers you need to look for.

As for the codes on the identification plate, a "D" usually means heavy duty version, "L" stands for leather version, "M" means it has a safety clutch, "N" means its has a 6mm maximum stitch length. 

The full Pfaff numbering system is explained in the document  In Introduction To The Pfaff Numbering System.pdf which I came across to day in my stash of documentation.

I'm not sure changing out the roller foot for a regular presser feet is really an option (or a good idea). Check the parts manual to see if there are any other foot options listed. Give the roller foot a try, you may find you really like it.

Post some more detail pictures of your machine (backside, too). Often we can figure things out just by looking at a picture. 

Edited by Uwe

Hello Uwe!

thanks for Your answer,  the codes where very intresting, the 591 manual is for a new machine, there is an old 591  that look like mine , Will take Moore pictures tomorrow when it is light out.

Mattias

A Pfaff 145 / 545 manual should give you the instructions for threading the machine correctly - though they are flat bed machines the head and hook era are pretty much the same.

Edited by Constabulary

Your top threading path isn't quite right from what I can make out. Here are some pictures of how I would thread my Pfaff 593. I've not yet sewn with my Pfaff 593, but this seems like a good starting point to me. Make sure you actually pull the thread between the tension discs.

IMG_6907.jpgIMG_6908.jpgIMG_6910.jpgIMG_6911.jpgIMG_6912.jpgIMG_6913.jpgIMG_6914.jpgIMG_6915.jpgIMG_6916.jpg

Edited by Uwe
Changed pictures

Thanks Constabulary!

i Will check this up, see some smularities with my machine, thanks!

Mattias

Hi Uwe!

thanks for Your pictures on the treading, yes it looks like i have done wrong on the top treading, 

Mattias

Would anyone have a picture of the belt , mine is a cord and just spins , I can't get the motor tight enough without pulling the belt apart