Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

Suppliers for Coats Chestnut Brown Thread

The last time I looked for Coats chestnut brown thread, I had difficulty finding a supplier. Ferdco was also having a difficult time getting it.

I need to stock up on thread once again and was wondering if anyone was having luck finding Coats chestnut brown in 138, 207, 277, and 346?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed sorry to appear to be a know-it-all :) but Weaver has a chestnut color thread they call 'Henna" It comes in 69, 138, 207, 277, 346

Ed sorry to appear to be a know-it-all :) but Weaver has a chestnut color thread they call 'Henna" It comes in 69, 138, 207, 277, 346

I've called Weaver and was told that they have American & Efird, which I've tried before and don't like.

Ed

Ed - If you start here http://www.coats.com/ you can work your way through to suppliers in the US using the 'contact us' link. I'm sure they will have a list of suppliers in your area.

After calling around I may be in a position of having to buy 40 to 50 one -pound spools of each size I want. I don't have a price yet, but might anyone be interested in Coats Dabond bonded poly 277 and 207 in a chestnut brown?

It looks like $20 a spool will be doable.

Ed

Edited by esantoro

Ed,

You may want to try Warkov-Safeer Leather Ltd. They are located in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada but they usually have a pretty good inventory when it comes to thread and findings. The #'s are 1-800-665-8619 or 1-204-943-3753 email sales(at)warkov(dot)com

I'm still going forward with opening an account with Coats. Everywhere I look the street price seems to be about $28/ lbs plus shipping. If everything continues to go forward with my Coats account, I'll be able to resell for at least $25/lbs plus shipping. Currently I'm looking to get Chestnut Brown, Black, and Deer colors in sizes 346, 277, 207, maybe 138 but not sure.

My minimum order has to be 15 to 20 lbs if requested color is in stock. If a special color run has to be done I'll have to buy a whole case.

Let me know if anyone might be interested.

Ed

My account is setup and I just got off the phone with Coats.

To get this chestnut brown, I have to order 17 one-pound spools of each. I was hoping to get six spools of each, but now I'll have 11 spools surplus of each. Does anyone use chestnut brown?

ed