LumpenDoodle2

Putting my trusty Singer 29K15 up for sale

My workshop is tiny, I mean, really small, as in "dear god, Maureen, how do you fit in all that 'stuff'!" Tiny.   Realising I haven't used my 29K for at least 6 months, I think the time has come to see her getting a new, and kind owner, who can get more of a use out of her than me.   I would also prefer her to go to someone on here than a complete stranger.

Knowing that the prices of the 29Ks have gone a bit silly of late, I figure a good, and realistic price would be £260, and that includes spare bobbins, needles, and a proper threader.

She is not perfect, the stand has a bit rust here and there, and the decals are now silver, instead of gold,   But she works, and has always stitched well.   She is missing the little metal spoon shaped thing that covers the thread as it emerges out of the head.   That broke many a decades ago, but I have never had problems with it, and actually have 5 replacements that I bought, and never got around to fitting, so they are included in the sale.

When I got her, I planned a full tear down restoration, but she stitched so well,  so I never got round to it.   You can tell I'm reluctant to sell, so if she doesn't go, then I won't get upset, but I will probibly have to stick her on ebay or gumtree later on in the year (be strong Maueen, you need the space).

Here are a few pictures of the dear thing, and if anyone does want her, but is a bit stuck at this time of year, I am happy to hang on to her until the end of the month.

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

well that is a really nice machine - I say --- don't be strong -- KEEP IT!  If its space you need that machine pops right off the treadle and you can bolt it on the corner of a workbench.  You have the hand wheel on there so its all set! 

Sorry I have a disorder called OSS ......Old Singer Syndrome.

I have the same disorder myself.:rolleyes:    Most of my Singers are domestic, and 'decorate' the livingroom now.

Funnily enough, I've managed to 'shuffle' my little workshop about, and got enough room to fit in yet another sewing machine.

So yes, there is mo hope for me.      I succomed........