stu925

Rifle sling and butt cuff- Marlin 336 (No Drill)

A while back a customer asked me about a sling for his Marlin 1893, it's a collectors piece so he doesn't want to drill it for sling swivels.  I told him that I'd2 try prototyping something on my Glenfield 36G to get a feel for the project.  Basically what I came up with is a lace on butt cuff with a brass square ring attached via copper rivet and a forend cuff with the same setup.  This allows any standard sling to be attached to the rifle.  It worked out pretty well but the forend cuff on this one is a little loose, something that will need to be corrected in the final version.  I'm actually toying with the idea of changing the forend cuff and using one with a buckle to really be able to cinch down the cuff, I'll have to think on that a bit.  Otherwise I'm happy with the design.  My carving on the other hand still needs a lot of work,  I figured I'd take the opportunity to do a little practice carving on this piece, it's pretty bad though and not something I would do on a piece I was looking to sell. 

I7Vo9Ip.jpg

IwAo63b.jpg

s5SRPSy.jpg

hMY4PLK.jpg

Very nicely done.

This topic has been dead for a while, but I just found it. 

Stu, do you still make something like this.  I would like to buy one of this design from you.  Have a Marlin 336 my dad bought me when I was 16.  Don't really want to drill holes in it for a sling.  Love your design solution.