BeercuelsTheSecond

Rifle ammo cartage holder, first post

Hello everyone!

I thought it would nice show of some of the stuff that i've done since i started with leather works back in August/September last year, so still count my self as a beginner. I've done mostly wallets and cardholders and som belts.

This is a cartage holder for rifle ammo, in this case 9,3x62. And it it's by most "complex" item I've done so far. I think It's about 8-9m of stitching in total and it took some testing to figure out the right spacing for the "cartage-loops". But I'm very happy with the result and so was my father who got this for Christmas :)

So take a look. I will definitely post more of my past and future project and I'm always happy to answer any questions.

_MG_6581a.jpg

_MG_6567a.jpg

_MG_6571a.jpg

_MG_6574a.jpg

2 hours ago, BeercuelsTheSecond said:

i started with leather works back in August/September last year, so still count my self as a beginner. I've done mostly wallets and cardholders and som belts.

looks great.  I think you are fast moving beyond beginner.   Your going to find that leatherwork is a constantly expanding journey for the craftsman.  I only wanted to make knife sheaths.  But when you have a knife sheath you need a belt.  Then your Mom, wife, girlfriend etc. needs a bag. then you need a pouch and so it goes until you find yourself a leather craftsman  on a journey without end with one more technique to learn on the next project.   

Thank you! Ohh i have done that already. It all started last summer when I saw Rare & Sundry post a cardholder on Imgur and i thought to myself... i can do that! And that's how my journey started. Sucking in info and knowledge form everywhere and experimenting with alot of stuff. I have the luxury to live just a 20min drive from one of Sweden's larges suppliers of leather and leather tools, which have helped me a lot.

And like you say, you learn one technique on one project and take to the next one and evolve on and on and on. And that is one of the things i love the most about this and the problem solving.

Wow!  Looks great... figuring out loops, for pens and pencils in my case, is definitely a challenge.  My current journey in leather working is progressing the same way. Made a knife, now I need a sheath, daughter shows me a picture of a bag and I have to make that.  Next was journal covers and wallets, etc, etc... it sure is fun though :)

Sounds like most of us do similar journeys with our leather craft :) My sister showed me bags and she got one similar for Christmas and the same for my father and the item in this post. You constantly get new ideas and inspiration and think of new ways to make stuff. And like i said, that's the fun part :)

@BeercuelsTheSecond- Completely off topic here, but... I'm not sure what kind of music you listen too, but are you familiar with a band called The Airwaves? They used to be known as Swedish Whistler when I knew them.

3 hours ago, CaptQuirk said:

@BeercuelsTheSecond- Completely off topic here, but... I'm not sure what kind of music you listen too, but are you familiar with a band called The Airwaves? They used to be known as Swedish Whistler when I knew them.

Hehe no problem. But sorry... I'm not familiar with them. And i looked them up didn't recognizee them.

Looks great, I'm sure dad was thrilled to get it.  I like the button stud closure over snaps.  Nice work.

Stu