Jubal

Grettings Y'all

Hello all,

I just started my endeavor to learn leather crafting. I've spent countless hours perusing this forum. What a wealth of knowledge.

My first project, a belt, is coming along nicely. I thought I'd share this so yall can have a laugh at my expense.

I started on a budget and bought entry level tools from tandy. I know the old adage, " buy once, cry once" but I was eager to get started.

On to beveling. I tried for about an hour and could not get the darn thing to bevel. I tried all sorts of angles, both directions. Then I broke out the strop, and spent a good few minuets stropping the edger. No dice. I then proceeded to curse the tool.... But wait! What's this red flim over the head of the tool? I removed it and re-stroped the tool, for real this time... Lo and behold, it works!

Moral of the story? User error, in my case, is more common than I care to admit.

Regards

I watched hours of youtube videos then one snowy January day I made the 3 hour trip. One way. To Tandy and got myself the deluxe set. I got home and put it on the floor and looked at it like it was a venomous snake. I left it there for days and kicked myself in the ass for getting. Then I jumped in and haven't looked back. As I tell people. It's the most fun I've had being frustrated.