patria

Servo questions

I am a total newb at this, so pardon the stupid question

I found this kind of servo on particular corner of my dad's warehouse, as far as i could see, we have several units of juki servos

Some are still intact with the machine , like this ho hshing that currently installed to jack lockstitch machine, i can pull it out the servo only if needed to

The question is, do these servos can actually work on my sewing machines ?(seiko cw8b, seiko sth 8bl, toyota ls2 ad331l, juki dsc 245, juki lh 515, brother db2 b797, mitsubishi ls2 1130) 

The servos looks like have many programmable options in it, and i think i dont need / understand all of them programs / features? I just need the servo to make the machine go slow

I've installed cheap chinese made servo labeled takatori sm550 (about US $70) to the seiko sth 8bl earlier, no major problem so far i think, other than to hone my skills at sewing big time :rolleyes2:

20170207_105332.jpg

Edited by patria

They look more like Electronic Positioning Systems (EPS) attached to clutch motors.  They are basic computers that come with a set of pre-programed "sewing macros".  So as an example -

start to Sew  --- back stich -- sew for 10 inches --back stich --then cut the thread.

They are used to setup repetitive wok.  I suspect if you move any of them over they can work on any machine, but it may be hard to figure out how to reprogram them from the setup that may be locked-in. 

I only have experience with Efka, Quick and Hoshing. I could switch them to other machines. Mine had all synchronisers. I had to install them too. Without them they didn't work. But I never read a manual though. Just swapped them and tried it. It worked for me.

Not a very fancy reply with knowledge but that's the way I did it and luckily it worked out.

Like Yeti Belle said, there might be some set-ups locked in the computer. I would first try the motor on the original machine, before swapping. So you know for sure they work like a normal sewing machine.

I don't think these motor can go as slow a you would like. These are not servo motors I think. But they should sew one stitch at a time. But not in slow motion. Hope you understand what I am trying to say here.

Sandy.

After thinking a little bit more. If you can't find or understand the manuals, I would setup the whole original machine with the motor. Then see if it works in the first place. Then try disconnecting the cables for all the options you don't use except for the synchroniser (I think they have one). If it still sews, I guess you could put the motor on any machine you like. You only have the synchroniser to fit the handwheel/pulley.

Sandy.

Patria, can you take a closeup photo of the designation plate on that Ho Hsing motor? That should at least tell us whether it's an AC clutch motor or a DC servo.

@dikman

Currently i resides on jakarta to sort some errands, while my father's warehouse is on Bandung city, 2 hours drive from Jakarta, so i cant take any more finer photos of the old servos 

But, i decided not to pull trigger on them servos. I think its best to use the newer servo that suit my knowledge and skill right now

next week i'll be on my way to bandung again, i believe so much more to dig down there