Anybody had any dealings with Nick-O-Sew?  Just wanted your input.

glenn

Hi Glen,

I bought my old Adler 105 from Nick-O-Sew via eBay and it was just as described, shipped promptly and very well packed. No problems, no surprises.

Gary

I've bought three machines from them -- two used, one new.

The used machines needed some work. The post-bed machine was resting on the oil pan and was shimmed up with extra corner pads. Needed a new bobbin spring, tension assembly ... and probably some other stuff I haven't found yet. Still haven't used it a whole lot since it still has some issues. Not real impressed with that. Had "4:30 on Friday" written all over it.

Serger needed some presser-foot tweaks and new needle set-screws that were rounded out. And a de-glittering (came out of a dance-wear factory).

When I got the new machine they took the time to show me how to use it and made some minor adjustments for me.

Nick and his crew are very nice and responsive. Just wish I hadn't had to call on 'em so many times after purchasing the machines.

The guys at the St Louis shop are great to talk to -- and have a lot of experience in the trade. Not so much with leatherwork, though.

It's a pretty big operation, seems, and growing. I understand that things fall though the cracks. Their prices are great, and it's nice to be able to look at machines in person. I'll get my next machine from Cowboy Bob or Techsew Ron, though. Unless Uwe finds another one of those used patchers, in the long-arm variety. :)

See also:

Just my $0.02.

cory

I called them up asking about an upgrade from my LU562.  They totally weren't interested in it for trade in, but willing to sell me a LU563 for $950.  Or...the 1508 for $2850, I guess presuming I needed a new table, etc.  Nice enough on the phone, but it kinda diminished my desire to take my JUKI head to them and see what I could walk out with.  Also, dickering on price seemed out of the question as well.  But...we're only talking about a single phone call too.