SITTINGUPHIGH1

Does black leather shirting not last as long?

I was told that black leather shirting doesn't last as long. That the die weakens the leather. Do you find this is true or false?

I think this is an Urban Legend. It would have more to do with the tanning process and the type of leather than the color, using the Vinagroon method there would be no dye involved so then your theory no longer exists. Greg

false, I order all my leather for law enforcement and biker stuff drum dyed black. Never had any problems.

Randy

there are many examples of old bohlin parade saddles that where black from the 1920 thru the 1940's that have held up well thru the years.

Hmmmm,

I have Black dyed leather from WWII that's still going strong, nothing has failed (except the folks who made it's attempt to take over the world) although it does show 3 or so years of duty wear. Ask in another 60 years.

Art

I was told that black leather shirting doesn't last as long. That the die weakens the leather. Do you find this is true or false?