buzzer

211g165 foot height

Can a 211 be adjusted to sew 3 pieces of 4 - 5 oz leather.

That's pretty close to 1/4" thick and should be able to sew that as normal setup really. Are you seeing the presser feet aren't stepping up enough? onto the material height.  Probably need to hear a bit more to get a few more or better options for your situation.

In many articles there are some extensive discussions on these Singers so welcome to the site and check out some searches, also google will sometimes pull up in short order articles here from the site. Of course being signed in does benefit with more pictures in them and some other items as pdf's.

good day

Floyd

You'll get more height out of using the foot lift instead of the lever behind the needle.  Like Floyd said, you should be able to feed that in without any adjustments at all.

Are you sewing chrome tan or vegtan leather? It will do vegtan that thick but I wouldnt make a habit out of it, chrome tan upholstery/chap leather no problem all day long.

I tried chrome tan and it felt as if the foot did not go all the way down.  I also adjusted hook timing as it was off a bit.  Yes it looks as if feet are tight when moving.

Both the presser feet should be lifting the same height as the pulley wheel top is turned toward operator.  Agreed always good to check hook alignment timing. I found some are set being on a certain stitch setting and after starting there way back up. Anyway wanted to mention that sometimes with so many available presser feet to buy the lift height spec can be out the window  

Floyd