Sign in to follow this  
beltbuckles

consew 227 stuck /jammed

so i was sewing just fine, and  the machine was jamming up with thread here and there so i would clean it out..

then all of a sudden, i hear a loud squeech noise... ????

i take a closer look .. i removed some stuff out of the way (throat plate) and stuff by to bobbin area to see what happened???

it looks like the traigle part of the bobbin case  in the hook area hit that little "arm" looking thing and it won't turn one full rotation.. either forward or backward...

please help!! it makes a loud squeech each time?!?

You likely have thread jammed between your hook and the bobbin basket. You'll need a short, small screwdriver to remove the gib screws (they are located on a flat piece as you look down on the hook) with that flat ring loose or removed, you can clean out the jam. Oil it and make sure you secure the tab on the basket into the notch of the throat plate. On that machine, you need to hold your threads when you start sewing. Have fun!

Regards, Eric 

so i let the machine sit for a hour before "surgury",, i just tried it now.. and i can go forward fine,, but when i turn the wheel in reverse,, it can't do a full rotation..it gets stuck on that "triangle thing" by the bobbin case

Edited by beltbuckles

Make sure the throats plate is on with the small tab engaged. If it still won't rotate, you've likely still have thread under your bobbin basket and you'll need to take it apart to clean it out. Have fun!

Regards, Eric