Constabulary

Big Folders for Leather Handles?

I once got these folders with an old Adler 4 machine (long time gone) and since that day they "rest" in a dusty drawer. I haven´t seen folders of this size ever before.

I have no clue how to use them as I´m not making any handles or the like. Maybe another "devices" is needed for an inlay for the handles... I honestly don´t know so maybe someone can ID them and probably has use for them.

One has a paper tag reading "Taschenhenkel alte Adler Masch." meaning "bag handle old Adler machine"... On the other side the name of the saddler is printed but seems this sadder no longer exists.

These folder are really big. One picture shows the smaller folder in comparison with a Adler 69 / Pfaff 335 binder so you see they are really big.

I cannot use them....

IMG_9789.JPG

IMG_9791.JPG

IMG_9792.JPG

IMG_9793.JPG

IMG_9794.JPG

IMG_9795.JPG

IMG_9796.JPG

IMG_9797.JPG

IMG_9800.JPG

IMG_9801.JPG

IMG_9802.JPG

IMG_9803.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

Those are for making simple folded handles. You insert your strap, let's say it's 10" long. If you want the folded part 5" long, you start sewing 2 1/2" from the end you inserted, then stop sewing after 5". You pull the rest out of the folder and then you can sew the unfolded ends down to the bag or whatever. We use them in our luggage factory.

Regards, Eric

Haven´t even thought of "plain" handles - I was thinking of "tear drop" shaped handles with an insert of some kind... okay - got it... How much would cost they new? I have no use for them and would sell them if someone is interested.

Edited by Constabulary

New from a quality builder, probably $200-$300 US$. On the used market, you might get $20-$50 depending on how bad someone wanted them.

Regards, Eric

If someone wants one (or all) I´d say $15 each + shipping is fair. If so please send a PM. ;)

Thanks Eric!

Edited by Constabulary

If you look at the attached .pdf, the folder in the lower right hand corner, 404-D Version A, is what you have. You can also make a continuous strap sewn on just the open side or both with a double needle. You could also sew the second side by just turning it around.

Regards, Eric

Straight folders.pdf

PM Sent....

9 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Interesting PDF - any chance you have the whole catalog as PDF. Thanks again Eric.

Folders are on hold.

No, that catalog has 492 pages in it.:wacko:

Regards, Eric