oldtimer

Singer 29 K

A couple of years ago I found an article on the web how to refurbish a 29 K machine, to repair a worn part that determines the stitch lenght

I can´t find the article again . Anyone ?

/ OldTimer

It has to do with restoring the "figure 8" on the end of the bell crank.  The lobes wear down on each side and that causes the stitch length to shorten.  If someone is a competent welder, the lobes can be welded up with a Tig or Mig Welder and reground with a Dremel and you are almost good as new.  I have 30 plus bell cranks from Adler and Singers that have to be welded and reground on the lobes.  That is a project for when I retire.  That is normally the only thing to go  wrong with a used bell crank.

glenn

1 minute ago, shoepatcher said:

It has to do with restoring the "figure 8" on the end of the bell crank.  The lobes wear down on each side and that causes the stitch length to shorten.  If someone is a competent welder, the lobes can be welded up with a Tig or Mig Welder and reground with a Dremel and you are almost good as new.  I have 30 plus bell cranks from Adler and Singers that have to be welded and reground on the lobes.  That is a project for when I retire.  That is normally the only thing to go  wrong with a used bell crank.

glenn

You don't happen to have a few pictures of the worn parts and what the new/restored parts are suppose to look like?

22 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

glenn

Do you have a pic of the part named  bell crank?