Mockingbird

Manual for Seiko CW-8BV Machine

The closest thing I could find is the Consew 227R-2 manual . Consew machines were made by Seiko for many years and the Consew 227R-2 should be nearly identical to the Seiko CW-8BV.  You can always try to contact Seiko directly and see if they have more info, or an original manual.

I don't know much about the binding options for the LCW-8BV, but it likely uses something that looks like this generic KHF48 binder attachment made by Kwok Hing:

binder-larger-cylinder.png

Not similar, but the same machine, as Consew223, 223R,227, 227R, 227FS, 227RFS.pdf 227RFS.  See attached parts book.

Turns out I need to replace the hook. The left screw of the pair on the hook is damaged and doesn't tighten/loosen anymore leave the bobbin thread tension too loose. 

Is it possible to change the hook only? Or do I need to order the hook & base? 

Cheers! 

Hook part number, as per Consew/Seiko is 13086.  However, I recommend using Singer part number for class 153W, part number 238250.  The difference?  Consew has a full gib, the Singer, no gib.  No gib is best for heavy work.  This is what we like to use for replacement hooks on both 153s and 227s.  

Koban hook without gib is mfg # KRT31-11R, Hirose is HSH-31, Cerliani is 130-11-065.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Just phenomenal support on this forum! That is the main reason I joined, everyone is willing to help!