New to this, and my first attempts are a mixed bag. But I've had a lot of fun, and I've gotten some decent leather, and plan to do much more.

IMG_1003.JPG

My photos are too big.  Here's a few more downsized

Leather3.JPG

I've owned this buckle set for many years, but the belt it was on wore out a few years back. I coudln't find a replacement locally, so went this route.  Realize now that the leather belt blank from a craft store wasn't very good, and I think I'll try again, now that I have some Herman Oak leather to work with.

Leather2.JPG

And I made these for myself and the kids.  Unhappy with the stitching, but it's a useful little product.

Leather1.jpg

That's some lovely stuff, especially for first attempts!

very cool. I especially like the bag. I would like to offer one suggestion though. The thin leather of your hand straps is quickly going to stretch and pull out of that single rivet. Just so you are not left scouring the ground for your possessions I would at very least take out the rivet and fold the strap there so you can get the rivet through 2 pieces of material or leave it and just run a stitch in a square around the rivet. say 3/4 x 3/4 or so

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.  The pattern I used recommended the single rivet, and although I doubted that recommendation, I took the easy way out.  I think I'll go back and glue/stitch/rivet the handles.  I might also roll them.  I'm also planning to stitch the edges of the shoulder strap. I gave the bag to my wife, and told her I'd make whatever mods she wanted, and she liked those suggestions.