Sign in to follow this  
Studio-N

Glam Gal embossing plate

This is my latest embossing plate for leather.  Mods - move it if you think it is too racey.

I decided to do both the positive and the negative although only the negative is needed for an embossing. trying to squeeze it between the plates tears thru the leather so I'll just use the positive as a showpiece. 3" tall in brass. cheers!

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Very cool.

thank you

very classical looking

Nice design.  Great results.  I am surprised the tooling marks did not transfer to the leather.  Did you off set the size of the design by the thickness of the leather?  Have done this with sheet metal dies but never tried leather. 

Jeff 

3 hours ago, churchjw said:

Nice design.  Great results.  I am surprised the tooling marks did not transfer to the leather.  Did you off set the size of the design by the thickness of the leather?  Have done this with sheet metal dies but never tried leather. 

Jeff 

thank you. I only set a maximum depth for the model. I don't usually have to worry about it bottoming out regardless of the thickness. That's probably why the tool marks aren't there. I haven't thrown this in the tumbler yet which should smooth it out quite well. cheers!