pabloz

Stretch Limo

I got a call tonight from a customer who wanted an EXTRA LONG swivel knife. He said that even fully extended his knife was way too short and made his hand cramp. So I asked him to measure the distance from the seat of the yoke to the buttom of the barrel where the blade goes in. He says it's about 3 1/4" to 3 1/2" long. I then asked him how much longer he wants it to be. The reply 1" to an 1 1/2". OK...CAN DO...no problem.

SO, here is what a hyper extended swivel knife looks like at 4 1/4" at its shortest. It will still extend another 1 1/2" longer.

I love helping people enjoy leathercraft! :cowboy:

StretchLimo_web.jpg

Pabloz

post-6824-1231386841_thumb.jpg

I got a call tonight from a customer who wanted an EXTRA LONG swivel knife. He said that even fully extended his knife was way too short and made his hand cramp. So I asked him to measure the distance from the seat of the yoke to the buttom of the barrel where the blade goes in. He says it's about 3 1/4" to 3 1/2" long. I then asked him how much longer he wants it to be. The reply 1" to an 1 1/2". OK...CAN DO...no problem.

SO, here is what a hyper extended swivel knife looks like at 4 1/4" at its shortest. It will still extend another 1 1/2" longer.

I love helping people enjoy leathercraft! :cowboy:

StretchLimo_web.jpg

Pabloz

Well, that looks weird but...Whatever makes the customer happy :-)

I'm still so extremly happy with my knife from you that it's almost the only one I use...I did promise you (in Columbus-Ohio) to look into taking some movie clips to you but I cannot find out how too with the camera I'm having, I guess I'm much better at leatherwork than cameras :crazy:

Have a great evening//T

Thanks Tina.

You really should post some of your really great calligaphy and flourishes. It would be an element of the art others would love to see.

Sweet Knife, Gonna have to order one of those when the biz picks up :)

So does that mean that you can also make them shorter than normal, too? I have small hands, you see...

Grey, Thanks. I'll be honored.

Tasha, Yes. Deanna McGuffin, a local bootmaker has reallly tiny hands and wanted one so here is the Shorty version.

sk3_shorty2_web.jpg

sk3_shorty_web.jpg

She was showing it around the Boot and Saddlemakers Show in Wichita Falls and plenty of "when's it going to grow up" type of jokes came out of it and we had lots of fun around it. Then I got a call from a person in Utah who heard about it. He ordered one. Then about two weeks after he got it he called back and ordered two more. I am now realizing that I have to take this "baby" a little more seriously.

THANKS,

Pabloz

post-6824-1231429365_thumb.jpg

post-6824-1231429569_thumb.jpg

Paul,

Too cool man!! That is truly a one of a kind knife there!!

I was thinking of calling you the other evening, I have my garage/ shop almost set up and I was goofing around and I can't find my 3/8ths blade that you made for me!!!! I switched it to try out that 1/8 inch blade I got from you when I was in Alb. It got lost some where during the move.. If I don't find it soom I guess I will need to have you send me a new one...

ClayM.

Clay,

OOOOPPPPSSSS...no problem. Call me anyway.

Pabloz