I've been a long time lurker of this site but it's been awhile since I've been back around.  Just wondering what you all thought of a machine I'm thinking of purchasing.  It's a techsew T1563 which I know is a clone/same as Juki lu563 which is why I really want it.  I already several industrial machines including a 206rb1, 111w153, 111w155, consew 225, 31-15, and a few other.  I guess i have an addiction but I keep finding them at super cheap deals and can't say now.  So back to the main machine the techsew T1563, it's missing the reverse lever, it broke.  It's missing the cover over the needle bar and the bobbin cover.  It's also missing the knee lift linkage.  the safety clutch they say is broken, I'm not sure if it's just disengaged or broken.  They said it was one of their upholstery machines they used frequently at the shop the guy works at and when the clutch stopped engaging they used a different machine and robbed a few parts off it over time.  My question for you all I'm getting it for $80 for just the head.  Being that I already have several upholstery machines I'm just wanting this for my collection/addiction and I do plan on getting it up and running.  Am I wasting my time? Is that too much with missing parts?  I got my 111w155 for $50 head only, and my consew 225  for $60 with table/motor because it wasn't working.  I'm not looking to make any money off the machine but I don't want to be into it over my head so I couldn't at least get my money invested in it after repairs back out if I need to sell it. 

Edited by Piratepegleg

T563 is a good quality machine, pretty sure made in Taiwan.

You should be able to obtain parts that you need for about $150 or so, from what you described.  Juki LU-563 parts often cross reference with other machine makes and models, and any supplier I can think of has a lot of spare quality generic parts for this machine.  Not to mention genuine Juki as well.  You will not have to search far to find the parts you need, and they should not cost a crazy amount.  In contrast, as comes up on this message board frequently, if this were a Pfaff or Adler, you can forget it with parts like that missing.  But that's not really the case here at all in my opinion.  

I say any vintage or antique machine head that is 80% or more complete for under $100 is worth it.  Especially if its on your list of machines.  As long as its not damaged or some other abuse (turned into a tractor - Blasphemy!). 

I'd take it for $80. I had a curb-rescue Tacsew T1563 a while back and it came together beautifully after buying a few parts for it. Parts are readily available and generally cheap. I made a video with mine when it was done: