JNewkirkct

Painting 3D alphabet stamps two color Scheme?

Anybody have a trick on how to paint 3/4" 3D alphabet stamps with the main body color then a second border color?  Attempted it once and it was bad, nothing on YouTube to reference.  A lot of fire department leather work uses this technique and I'm trying to get it down for fire radio straps I'm making, thanks in advance!

When I used to paint my straps by brush I would do the outline, then brush the letter fill in second. Any bleeds into the embossment can be touched up later. I have since switched to needle tip bottle applicators and have found them to work 100x better than hand brushing. 

13 minutes ago, JerseyFirefighter said:

When I used to paint my straps by brush I would do the outline, then brush the letter fill in second. Any bleeds into the embossment can be touched up later. I have since switched to needle tip bottle applicators and have found them to work 100x better than hand brushing. 

Thanks, where can I find needle tip bottle applicators?  That's funny you said that, I thought of taking some 1cc syringes from the firehouse with a small catheter and try that

Ebay mostly. My original supplier for bottles disappeared, but I have enough to where I have all of my colors covered, and the needle tips of varying gauges are widely available for replacement. 

39 minutes ago, JerseyFirefighter said:

Ebay mostly. My original supplier for bottles disappeared, but I have enough to where I have all of my colors covered, and the needle tips of varying gauges are widely available for replacement. 

Thanks for the help!